My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Monday, June 17, 2013

THE REVENGE OF THE PUNITIVE CONSCIENCE

Ah, you ask.  Am I really so amoral [perhaps as a result of being atheistic] that I can just dump a non-functional dishwasher on the street and forget about it?  Sigh.  Would that I were.

So I asked Google for "5th arrondissement mairie" and up popped the website of the town hall of the 5th.  Right there was a list of services, the second of which was "enlevement d'objets encombrant," which, sure enough, means pick-up of bulky objects.  An array of pictures, and as you roll your cursor over each one a balloon pops up with a list of likely objects.  There in the balloon over what looks like a refrigerator was "lave-vaissel," which is to say dishwasher.  I clicked on that, entered my address, chose tomorrow morning between six and eight as the time when I would put it out [all right, all right, so it has been there for two days disgracing the street.  Nobody's perfect.]  My name, my telephone number, my email address, and I got an eleven digit confirmation number and the message that they will be by to pick it up.

Oh yes, I was instructed to write the number on a piece of paper and "scotchez" it [no kidding] to the dishwasher.

So there, I am not really a bad person.

No comments: