My Stuff

https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/rwolff_umass_edu/EkxJV79tnlBDol82i7bXs7gBAUHadkylrmLgWbXv2nYq_A?e=UcbbW0

Coming Soon:

The following books by Robert Paul Wolff are available on Amazon.com as e-books: KANT'S THEORY OF MENTAL ACTIVITY, THE AUTONOMY OF REASON, UNDERSTANDING MARX, UNDERSTANDING RAWLS, THE POVERTY OF LIBERALISM, A LIFE IN THE ACADEMY, MONEYBAGS MUST BE SO LUCKY, AN INTRODUCTION TO THE USE OF FORMAL METHODS IN POLITICAL PHILOSOPHY.
Now Available: Volumes I, II, III, and IV of the Collected Published and Unpublished Papers.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON KANT'S CRITIQUE OF PURE REASON. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for "Robert Paul Wolff Kant." There they will be.

NOW AVAILABLE ON YOUTUBE: LECTURES ON THE THOUGHT OF KARL MARX. To view the lectures, go to YouTube and search for Robert Paul Wolff Marx."





Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 2, 2016

HUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM

I have now prepared a list of the books to be discussed in my lectures on Ideological Critique, and have uploaded it to box.net, accessible via the link at the top of this page.  Some of the eight books are available online, it turns out, and I have included the URLs.  Those interested in following the lectures and doing some of the reading might wish to read Chapter One of Ideology and Utopia in preparation for the first lecture.

I have encountered one problem, however.  When I came to copy out the publication information for Jane Austen's Mansfield Park, I made the mistake of reading idly the opening pages.  It has been some time since I re-read Mansfield Park, and I had forgotten how deliciously wonderful it is.  I immediately conceived the idea of devoting several lectures to reading long selections of the novel aloud, but then thought better of this imprudent plan.  I have no idea how I am going to resist the temptation.  Austen is simply incomparable.

No comments: